Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This is my 100th post!!! And.... An easy, delicious recipe for Bowtie Lasagna!

Hey bloggy friends!
I have to say... 
I am pretty stinkin excited that this is my 100th post!! 
This isn't the most exciting post... BUT...
it is about a delicious recipe that I made last night and you can make for your family too!!

I found it over at The Pioneer Woman's website
She has all kinds of delicious recipes and I decided to scope it out for some inspiration
and came across this delicious little recipe... Bowtie Lasagna!

My husband looves anything meaty and pasta filled and so does my brother in law.
Lasagna happens to be one of their fav things..
but it happens to be one of my least fav to cook...
so whenever I come across an easier version I am always game.

I didn't take pictures of the whole process just of the end result in the pot and then on my plate with a simple salad and some biscuits I whipped together.
The biscuits are the instant pack of bisquick cheese and garlic all you have to do is add some water and bake!
I love the ones from Red lobster so I was hoping for some like that
but... they weren't the exact same... pretty delicious though.

Anyways!
The exact recipe calls for the following measurements and ingredients:
1 pound
 Ground Chuck

5 cups
 Bow Tie Noodles

3 cups
 Spaghetti Sauce (or Pizza Sauce, Whatever You Prefer)

1 Tablespoon
 Olive Oil

1 teaspoon
 Salt

½ teaspoons
 Garlic Powder

1 teaspoon
 Italian Seasoning (or More, Make It To Your Taste)

½ cups
 Mozzarella Cheese

½ cups
 Sour Cream

But... just for the record... I never even looked at the exact measurements or recipe until right now.
You can get the exacts of everything at this link, but I just went off of the original link up there
from the pioneer woman

I used a pound of ground turkey instead of ground chuck just because that's what we had on hand
and what I actually prefer
instead of using 5 cups I just used a whole box which was about 6.5 cups but it worked perfectly for this recipe
as far as the marinara sause.. I use a whole jar and then a little of the left overs I had in my fridge
mostly because I like things extra saucy!
The olive oil I just poured some over to coat and went with it
And the mozz cheese I just mixed it in until I thought it was cheesy enough.
As far as the sour cream, I am a sour cream person..
you couldn't even taste it and it made the texture really yummy so def put it in 
even if you aren't a sour cream person!!

My big piece of advice is make sure that you are stirring it regularly
because it burnt to the bottom of my pan
and
was so sucky to clean out!!

hahaha

So here are the pics:

Finished product in the pot

and
on my plate with salad and the biscuits

It was delicious and everyone loved it.
There was so much that the boys each has two very large servings
I had two small servings
Kaylee had a serving
and we STILL had a very full to the brim tupperware of leftovers.
Which my brother-in-law ate for lunch because he liked it so much.

So there you have it..
I def recommend you to try this out
We will be making this again but I think next time I will add
mushrooms and olives
and maybe bell pepper!

Tonight I have crock pot beef stroganoff going and will be boiling up some egg noodles
and serving a salad.
I wish I had something to make garlic bread...
but the boys will survive haha

So check back for that recipe too..
because I think it's a winner!!



1 comment:

  1. Ooh...that looks yummy! Definitely going to have to try that one! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy 100th post to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...