Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Recipe of the Day -- Easy Chili

Ok so I didn't get any pics but yesterday I made a homemade chili that was pretty stinking delicious!! It had kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans, and pinto beans in chili sauce all of which were organic. It also had half a can of rotel tomatoes and green peppers, the left over ground sirloin (97% lean) from our fridge that was ground with garlic and onion, and half a cup roughly of crushed tomatoes which if you read about my pizza down there you know it's really just healthy tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and some garlic powder. Now you could totally kick this up a notch with some fresh onions, jalapenos, and even green and red bell pepper but I just used what I had on hand. it would also be delish with ground turkey which is what I plan to use next time. Anyways super simple I dumped the kidney, black, and pinto beans in a strainer and rinsed them off and dumped them in the crock pot, then I added the whole can liquid and all of pinto beans in chili sauce, half the can of rotel, all the left over hamburger we had, about a half a cup of crushed tomatoes, 2.5 teaspoons of garlic powder and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper. Put it on low and let is set all day stirring when I would think about it. This made a 2 quart crock pot so just play with what will be best for you and your family obviously. I served it over brown rice and sprinkled a TINY bit of reduced fat cheese because it's my fav with chili!!

But there ya go.. another simple and delicious and pretty nutritious meal to add to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...