Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Dinner and a Dessert!

Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese Wraps
So I found this recipe in a Woman's Day Magazine and I got really excited because it was only 286 Cals for the whole thing! I actually made it for even less than that because I look out the ketchup the recipe called for and used reduced fat blue cheese instead of reg. I didn't LOVE this recipe which surprised me but I think it was that today I just was not feeling the blue cheese today. My husband isn't big on spicy food so it was okay to him but my brother in law thought it was really good aside from the celery which he said isn't his fav! I still wanted to post it because I think other people might like it and I wanted to show you that I try all kinds of recipes to find my favs!


I am going to give you the recipe as the magazine calls for it and you can change it up as you please. The biggest change I made was I doubled the celery and I didn't use any ketchup. I also used 4.5 Tbsp of buffalo wing sauce instead.


Salt &Pepper
2 6oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp lowfat Greek or plain yogurt (I used fat free greek)
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 oz blue cheese
1/4 c ketchup
3 tbsp buffalo sauce
4 medium tortillas or wraps (I actually used whole grain wraps so that makes it even healthier)


1. Fill a medium sauce pan half way with water; bring to a boil and add 1 tsp salt. Add the chicken, reduce heat and gently simmer until cooked through, 10 - 12 minutes. (I actually just threw my chicken on the george foreman grill for a bit and let them cook up that way. I personally love that little grill use it for soo much stuff!) After it's all done cooking transfer it to a plate, and when cool enough to handle, shred into pieces.


2. Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk together yogurt and vinegar and 1/4th a teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the celery and scallions and toss to coat; fold in with blue cheese.


3. In a second bowl whisk together the ketchup and wing sauce. Add the shredded chicken and toss to coat.( I actually just put the chicken in a bowl and poured the 4.5 tbsp of wing sauce over the top and mixed it up since I didn't use ketchup!)


4. Lastly, take your wraps put the chicken and then celery mixture wrap it up and enjoy. I also added a little extra sauce to mine. I bet it would also be good with lettuce but we were out. We ate them with cherries on the side and it was a perfect balance to the spicy!




Also Wanted to post a recipe about a yummy simple (healthy alternative) dessert recipe!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein No Bake Balls

Let me just tell you.. these babies are delicious.. they are super rich so it only takes a few to feel satisfied. I made a full batch and then keep them in the freezer and just pull out a few yummy sweet treats whenever I want them!

INGREDIENTS:
8 Tablespoons PB2 (
powdered peanut butter with 85% less fat than normal PB there is a link below)
3 Tablespoons Natural Peanut butter (I used Better'n Peanut Butter)
½ Cup Shakeology Chocolate Powder
3 Tablespoons Raw Honey or Agave
½ Cup Quick Oats


DIRECTIONS:
First, mix PB2 with water until it’s a paste like consistency. Then mix in the all natural PB and honey or agave (I used honey) in with the PB2 mixture. Next mix in the shakeology and then the quick oats. It's a little tough to mix towards the end but make sure it's well mixed and then roll the mixture into small individual ball. I didn't place them on wax paper and just put them right on a plate, but I think it would be smarter to use wax paper to help them not stick. Put in freezer until firm. (Or keep them in freezer like I do!)
Makes about 12 balls.

Nutritional Info: (1 serving = 1 ball)
Cals: 80
Carbs: 10g
Fat: 2g
Protein: 7g





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...