Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Back in Action!

What a long and crazy month the last month has been...

Since my last blog we have had so much craziness!!!

Right before my last blog I experienced some crazy hive like rash... the following weekend my hubs was in a car accident (nothing serious just hurt his back a little), our ceiling randomly started leaking water and had to be cut open to "fix" the problem, and I had to be rushed to the ER on 4th of July because I had an ovarian cyst I didn't know about rupture. The cyst left me knocked on my butt for a few days and caused me to go through a lot of crazy emotions I wasn't expecting!!

Shortly after healing up I started a mad dash to pack and fly alone with my crazy toddler to Minnesota for my life long best friend and sisters wedding! We got stuck in Milwaukee while a crazy thunderstorm went over. We finally arrived and it was an amazing trip!! It went by way to quick but it was SO nice to be with all the family. I loved that even though the whole week was (obviously) Sar and Brendan centered it was also super family centered (which is also very Sar and Brendan). I loved spending so much time with all of the people that I love, but I was bummed my husband couldn't be there. Here is a sneak peak of me and the bride..


While we were in Minnesota Kaylee also had her first hair cut! It came out adorable, but there are still a few stray hairs I need to catch and trim in her bangs!





I flew home with the baby later in the evening on a Saturday night. It was a tough flight for me, not because of the baby but because when I left I wasn't sure when I was going to see my family again and that made me a lot more emotional than I expected! We arrived home at night and had to unpack do laundry and repack because first thing Sunday morning we were off to Chesapeake, VA where my hubs had business for the week and the govt put us up in a hotel. It was a blast! We got to go to a kids version of Dave and Busters, explore a new area and base, eat at this cute buffet in North Carolina, went to Virginia Beach for my first glance at the Atlantic Ocean and Kaylee's first time ever in the ocean which we LOVED, made some new friends with a couple of my husbands work friends, and ventured a 1.5 hour drive down to Outer Banks, NC! It was awesome and reminded me of the beaches in all the cute movies like Dear John and The Notebook!! Kaylee didn't love this beach quite as much because the waves were way bigger and there was no where to shower her off and mommy didn't love it quite as much because we found shark eggs, people were looking for sharks, and the day before a 5 year old had been bitten! I don't have a ton of pics yet because some still need to be uploaded from my phone but here are some from Outer Banks.





^^^^ Those bad boys are shark eggs!! Scary!!

We got home on Friday afternoon and set off to clean up the house, get things in order, take care of school work and other stuff and lots of swimming because it was SOOOO stinkin hot!!! One of the days we went to the pool and the pool water was literally hotter than the temp I shower at!!! It was nuts...

That Monday, we set off on another adventure! This time the hubs was totally free of work.. We headed down to Williamsburg to explore all the things that the city has to offer. We took a few drives through Colonial Williamsburg and learned a bit about the history, we mini golfed, we swam, we went to ripley's believe it or not, we ate at some super fun little places, we went to the Yankee Candle Co headquarters where I got a DELICIOUS scent called "Pink Sand" that I am totally obsessed with, we checked out some cute little shops and we ended the trip with a free morning in Busch Gardens. It wasn't everything we had wanted from the trip because it was probably one of the hottest days of the summer, but in the fall we want to head back down and watch the lighting of the city in colonial williamsburg and do a little more exploring when it's not as hot!! Busch Gardens would have been so much fun had it not been almost 100 degrees out plus humidity, but it was still really fun. My baby girl rode some of her first rides which was so fun!




Needless to say we had a really fun and crazy month. We have had a lot of ups and downs. Our month ended with another leak and about 4000 in repairs, but I just keep reminding myself that it's just things. I am so thankful and so blessed for my family, both near and far, and the life that I have.

God really opened my eyes to the important things in life in the last month and redirected my attention to the things that matter and I am so excited to see the way my life unfolds.

I'm going to close this blog with a few silly pics of my mini girl in her new favorite "hat" which is really just a travel size cosmetic bag.. haha




This silly girl has made my heart melt every single day and reminds me to stop being so serious and to enjoy the little things in life. I can't wait to document every minute of her growing up!!

Be looking forward to lots more from me very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...