Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Changes

Have you ever noticed that sometimes you have to do something out of your routine to notice that your routine really may not have been that great all along? I have been in San Diego for my grandparents wedding since last Tuesday and I have truly been out of my routine. And it has made me realize how badly I needed a wake up call in so many areas....

It's really kind of funny because it's a wake up call in so many areas of my life, but at the same time in nothing specific just my whole routine in general. I am really beginning to notice that my heart has been in the right place but my actions haven't always been following my intentions... Kind of confusing... haha

I'm sure I will have a longer blog post all about this stuff, but for now that's all about that...

Lately, things have been so crazy around our house and my car and our life in our new home in general that I had been having a really hard time. I was honestly a little nervous about coming to San Diego and seeing all my friends and family and being really upset that we moved away especially to where we are.... but I'm not! I mean don't get my wrong it's hard not to miss it here just A LITTLE to see all the things I know and grew up around, to see my friends and family, to drive passed our first house together or walk around where we got engaged, or to see Kaylee playing with all her baby friends she would be with all the time if we were still here... but I wholeheartedly was reminded that HOME is where the heart is... and my heart happens to wear a Navy Uniform and be stationed in Washington DC and you know what.... that's home to me. We have a beautiful house even through our trials, we have a fairly good car, we are all healthy, we are taken care of, and we know and love a God that saved us even when we didn't deserve... is it hard not having friends? yes... is it hard not feeling like we belong yet? yes... is it hard learning the trial and errors of owning a home? yes... but you know what.... everything comes with time... and I am EXCITED to go HOME with my babygirl and to be with daddy again and to start over fresh with the busy crazy first summer behind us and the rest of our lives a head of us...


So... here's to change... here's to accepting EVERYTHING life throws at us.. and for LOVING it even when it's hard, even when you don't want to, and even when you're not sure you can.. Life comes fast and it comes hard and it doesn't stop for anyone... so why not enjoy the ride?

I may not know our future, I may not know where we will be or what we will be doing... one thing I do know is we will be together as a family and we will be overflowing with the love of God and that's more than enough for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...