Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011!


Can you believe it's 2011?! 2010 was filled with so much change for my family it was a great year, but here is to looking forward to the new year! I decided to post a few pictures to represent my life in 2010; from my pregnancy and welcoming my princess, to moving into a new house and finally getting new furniture to turn right back around and sell it all put all my stuff in storage and move to my very own winter wonderland while the hubs gets ready for a deployment. It has been a whirlwind year and I am SO thankful for everything I have encountered along the way. And praise God for His mercy and forgiveness and love this year!













So I sort of couldn’t control myself… there you have a glimpse into my 2010 year!
A lot of people start the new year off with resolutions.. But I kind of think that a lot of people set big goals only to fail in the end and I really don’t need to set myself up for failure.. So my 2011 is all about OWNING IT.. owning my life and who I am.. owning my faith.. owning my education.. owning my health.. not being afraid to stick out for who I am but fully and whole-ly accepting myself and let the world have me the way I am. My goals for 2011 are to be the best person, mom, wife, daughter, friend, volunteer, disciple and child of God that I can be. Will it be a challenge for me? Absolutely! I have a lot of changes to make but I know that God is on my side and I know that this is going to be the best year yet. I am so excited for all the big things in my future!
Today, I read the January 1 page in my devotional “My Utmost for His Highest” and I was absolutely blown away and it reaffirmed that I am on the path that God wants me on. If you don’t own it I highly suggest going and buying it, it has been an amazing devotional in the few weeks I’ve owned it. The line that has lingered in my head says “I am determined to be absolutely and entirely for Him and Him alone.” I have prayed so much about what God is doing and continues to do in my life and I am just so excited to know that this year is all about deepening my bond with him to change my life, my family’s life, and the life of those around me.
So with that said, here are some of my goals for the year in no particular order..
  •           I am going to get healthy. I want to eat right, lose weight, and get in shape. I want to look in the mirror and feel good about myself and the person that God created! My body is a temple for him and I have not taken very good care of it.
  •           I am going to focus much more in school then I already do and to really own my education. I have been so blessed with so many opportunities but I sometimes let set-backs and confusion paralyze me with fear.  From here on out, my education is MINE, and I will rock it.
  •           I am going to study and pray and help my faith to grow like a huge wild fire, that I may know God so much more, know his laws and his greatness and be a living example of who he is.
  •           I am going to participate in A frame a day, I created a special blog just for it and you can check that out HERE
  •           I am going to make the best of every situation and try to complain less. I want to find the positive in everything.
  •           I am going to learn how to sew, and will become a betty homemaker, DIY, decorating crafting diva.
  •           I am going to start cooking one new recipe a week from a healthy/light cookbook.
  •           I am going to spend less time procrastinating and more time doing things that are important, things that matter, and things that will be better for my family and myself.
So there you have my plans for 2011.. 

Thankfully, I started 2011off with a bang! I got up early with my princess and started cleaning and organizing stuff right away. I don’t start classes until the 17th and I plan to take full advantage of that by getting all the things I haven’t had time for lately, DONE! I would say I finished about half my list and I am feeling sooo good about that!

Check back soon for my Christmas cookie baking adventure. I have some fun recipes to share!







ps.. what do we think of the new signature? I haven't decided yet.. something will fall into place and feel just right.. until then.. this is it.. haha

2 comments:

  1. Excellent signature! I have been thinking about doing a blog for a while now, I set one up and spent a lot of time organizing it only to find out it wasnt truly private I didnt want anyone just being able to search me out, so I need to start again! I fully believe you will go to great lengths in 2011! You are capable and worthy and truly talented! We miss you here in San Diego and hope that your winter wonderland is treating you well! Glad that you were able to spend Christmas with Mike! &&& I truly loved your 2010 picture explosion~! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI I just spent 10 minutes trying to post that comment DETERMINATION I tell you! Your blog wouldnt let me comment!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...