Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Future?

It has been a crazy ride these last few days, but I am so thankful! A lot of big changes are getting ready to occur and I am so ready for them, but also a little scared! First things first in 10 days I will be in Maryland signing for our very first house! My sailorman and I are going to be first time homeowners of the perfect house for our little (and hopefully one day growing) family. Than in a little less then a month from today I will be making the journey to officially become an East Coast resident. Hello change?! I woke up in September a Southern California resident, woke up the first of the year a Midwest resident, and in less than a month I am going to be on the East Coast?! As crazy and mind boggling as it is to me, I am beyond excited. I think the location we are moving to is going to be so amazing and holds so many new adventures for myself and for my family. Being in DC for the brief time that I was a little over a month ago was seriously amazing. It took my breath away to see the National Monument or even just know I was in a place that held such importance to our great nation.. I can't wait to take off and explore!

That being said, I'm a tad scared to be moving to Maryland in a few weeks before my husband is still deployed so aside from the week my adoptive dad is there it's going to be just me and my little one until the ship decides to release him. The being alone thing doesn't usually scare me, but being in a place where I will literally know not a single person not even the spouses or people from the command is a bit scary not gunna lie!

Something cool to go with the house closing and the moving coming so soon is that the hubs and I are on the hunt for new furniture. We sold basically all the furniture we owned when I left CA so it has been so exciting to look at different things and find stuff we agree on and such. Pretty sure we picked out the bed we want and the sectional for the living room and the dinette set for the breakfast nook that we will get first thing when we get there. Other things are little by little, but I will do a more in depth furniture post in the near future!

In the last week I have done some searching and I think I found the church that my sailor and I want to attend. It's a brand new church just now being planted and starting to have Sunday services in a school. When I knew last year that we were moving to the area I looked up Evangelical Free Churches because I knew that's the kind of church I would prefer to attend. Only two popped up that were reasonable and so I looked at both of them, and one of them was the new church that was being planted. It seemed awesome but the fact that it wasn't meeting officially yet was a little bit of a turn off to me because I want so deeply for my family to become rooted and adapted through our relations and activities at church. While I am excited to get connected with and meet other people from his command and just other military people, it has become more and more clear to me what we need more than anything is a good network of believers. I had tossed the idea back and fourth for a while and praying about it and then just recently searched again and came upon this church again. I listened to the sermon online and instantly fell in love. I truly feel the spirit leading us into the body at Redemption Hill and I cannot wait to attend services in a few weeks. Something I found really awesome about this church is that it's one of the only Christian churches in the actual district of Colombia all the others are right outside of DC either in MD or VA. Cool huh?

Lastly, and probably one of the biggest changes in my life right now has to do with my education. I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I want to make a difference in people's lives and I absolutely adore kids. However, as I have begun taking my major classes, I truly feel like teaching isn't the field of work I am being called to enter.. This has been an incredibly hard and confusing time for me and until this week I haven't opened up to anyone except God in prayer. This week I finally talked to my best friend, my wonderful second mom, and my husband. I have been struggling through all of my education classes and truly have found no enjoyment in them. I thought at first it would change, but the more I take the less I enjoy, and it just seems to wrong to me that something that requires such passion to commit my life to could evoke no passion in the studying of it. The cool thing is that my minors currently are in biblical studies and church ministries and I absolutely LOVE alll of those classes. So, after a lot of thought and prayer and support from my amazing husband, family, and friends I have decided to change my degree to a Bachelors of Science in Religion and pursue a career in ministry. The possibilities for my future right now are endless, and I honestly cannot tell you right now where exactly God will lead me to work. What I can tell you is that this is all for Him and all to bring Him glory. I want nothing more then to lead a life that displays Christ and to have a career that leads people to Him whatever that may be. This is such a huge change for me as I have always said "I'm going to be a teacher" and now I'm not sure what exactly I will do but I know that I will be a light. This is a little scary for me, but I truly feel like this is the first time God has said here your chance show me you have faith JUMP and I cannot deny him. I am taking a leap of faith and KNOWING that He will provide for me and for my family. While a lot of people won't understand this all I can say is I have a love and a joy and a desire that burn brighter than you can imagine and my place in this world is to make that light shine.

So here is to the future, because I am so excited to see the things God has planned for me. He is so faithful to me, and I am will remain faithful to him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...